$35.00 – $40.00
Handmade Ceramic Holiday Gifts and Treasures Series – Gifts for the Season (Children)
Create something special and unique for someone you love this season. Students can choose among a variety of options including: ice cream bowl, mugs, pet water bowl. This is a hybrid class with a virtual workshop for creating and an in-person, socially-distanced glaze painting session for decorating. Supplies included but cookie cutters from home can be a fun addition to this project.
Part 1: From the comfort of your home, working from a slab of clay, students will be guided through a virtual workshop over Zoom to shape, carve, and model their projects.
Part 2: Signup for a socially-distanced space to paint glazes onto their project.
All supplies included.
- Supplies Pickup – Sunday, November 29, 3-5 PM
- Virtual Workshop – Tuesday, December 3, 3-4:30 PM
- Dropoff for First Firing – Thursday, December 3, 5:30-7:30 PM
- Glaze Painting (signup for a specific time required to ensure proper social distancing)
- Sunday, December 6, 7-9 PM OR
- Tuesday, December 8, 3-7 PM
- Finished Product Pickup – Tuesday, December 15, 3-7 PM
Ages: 5 and up
Tuition $35 members | $40 non-member
Jennifer Coelho has been taking ceramic classes for 16 years at a variety of schools and studios. She is currently a few credits away from finishing a Ceramic Technologies certificate program at Clay College in Millville. She finds the creative process — especially working with clay– to be restorative, healing and joy-filled, and wants to share that with others.